Ty Hen - Lakes (2)



With reports of Pike to 40lb+ and Ty Hen campsite located on its bank I had to make a visit to Llyn Maelog during a family holiday to Anglesey.  The campsite has fishing rights (free fishing for campers!) to about 1/4 of the bank with 1/3 being unfishable due to reeds and the opposite bank being operated by Ynysmon Angling Association where day tickets can be obtained. As well as Large Pike the lake also contains a good head of Bream, Roach, Rudd and Perch. Depths vary from 3-12 ft and in the summer weed can be a problem, as it was when we visited.

 

My fishing time was limited to an hour or so in the morning and evening, I had 2 Pike on lures (Roach Replicant), nothing on the Fly which I had just taken up seriously but my casting was not the best then. I spoke to another angler who said the Roach, Rudd and Bream fishing was excellent and he had seen a Pike caught on a Roach Livebait at 42 lb!

 

The campsite also has a 1.5 acre lake onsite with Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp as well as Tench, Roach, Rudd and Crucian Carp which looked to be the normal "commercial" setup, this was located on the long driveway to the site and looked like a pleasant spot to unwind and catch a few. Pellet would be my go to bait then maggots/ground bait/corn or meat.

 

I would certainly like to go back and try for the big pike again with baits; a Drift float in the right conditions would be ideal.

#Onsitefishing, #fishingfun, #fishing, #camping

Comments

Popular Posts