Etang Du Val De Landrouet - Lake

The larger of the 2 lakes onsite is a public lake and is therefore controlled by the regional carte de Peche, region 22 – Cotes d'Armor. A day or week ticket can be purchased either online or in the office on site. Be aware that if booking online you will need to register and upload a photo as well as print off the ticket; which can be quite difficult when on holiday. A day ticket is 12 Euros at the time of writing when purchased either online or onsite (09/2016). The ticket does allow you to fish any public venue in the region and also includes the smaller lake onsite.

The main lake is about 5 acres with depths between 2.1m and 1m. Having been informed that this was a “take what you catch” lake I was very apprehensive as to whether the lake would hold any decent fish, I was pleasantly surprised. The lake contains Carp to 15kg’s (33lb) according to a local I spoke to as well as Pike, Rudd, Roach, Perch, Tench and Black Bass.

The deepest area at 2.1m is in the centre of the lake where it is at its narrowest, this channel is a great area to pick up fish as they move around the lake, be aware of the wooden posts positioned in a circle, they are good fish holding areas though! This is where I fished on the first day, I positioned one next to the wooden sticks on the left, the centre rod straight out at the bottom of the far ledge and the right rod to the sticks to the right.

img_8195img_8194img_8409All rods were fished on boilie bottom baits with a stringer and a few free offerings around them. I had 3 Carp 21lb 9oz, 12lb 8oz and 15lb 11oz – all mirrors in excellent condition.

The other deepest area is in the centre of the first section of the lake where the buoys are, again this is 2.1m. The far end of the lake contains a lot of lilies and is around 1.6m in the middle; this is the hotspot according to 2 locals that I spoke to on the first day so opted for here on day 2. I positioned 1 rod in the deepest water between the 2 banks at the far end of the lake, the middle one to the right of the channel near some lillies and an overhanging tree and the 3rd rod to the far bank next to some lillies.

img_8411I used the same tactics as day one but wish I had more bait as I was running out of the boilies so applied them sparingly. I had 4 Carp 9lb 4oz, 21lb 15oz, 8lb (unweighed) and 12lb 15oz – the last 2 coming within seconds of each other hence the unweighed fish!

I tried applying dog biscuits on both days but the Carp weren’t interested however the Rudd were and big ones at that swallowing whole dog biscuits in one go! I saw a dozen Rudd that would be at around 1lb in weight around the lily pads. On the fish finder I found very large shoals of small fish down at the office end of the lake. Pole or waggler fished with maggot and groundbait on here would result in a busy days fishing with the chance of hooking the odd big carp!

 I fished during the week and the local schools were back open so there were no activities for the kids. Be aware that they do use the main lake for kayaking and boating during the summer months, however I believe that they only use the first half of the lake. Night fishing is allowed and you can fish up to 4 rods.

 With this being a “take” lake the quality of the predator fishing is questionable; I saw 1 small Pike (1lb) strike at a small roach. There were signs of other predators, small fish jumping but I am unsure what size they go to.

An excellent big Carp and general coarse fishing venue.

#Onsitefishing, #fishingfun, #fishing, #camping

Comments

Popular Posts