Ebury Hill (C&CCS) - Lake



 

This small disused quarry lake is ideally located in the centre of the campsite. Containing a lot of weed its an ideal Tench venue with the main population being between 1 and 3 lb there are also specimens of 5lb+ hiding in the weed, there are also a few carp present as well as Roach and Perch. We stayed in May 2017.

 

Pole and float rod fishing the lift method on corn, meat, worm or maggot will work well for the Tench and Roach although you will need to check the rules on bait as they are very limiting - however the shop on site does sell the allowed baits - take from that what you want! You will know when the Tench arrive in your swim as it starts to bubble like a Jacuzzi!  I watched a coupe of Tench Anglers take up to 14 Tench in the day as well as Roach and Perch, not a bad days fishing!

 

I was however lured by the bigger residents in the pool, having walked around the previous evening and watched these big dark common Carp cruising in and out of the weed, I just had to bank one of these. The following morning I watched about 7-8 big common carp, between 6am - 9am then again between 15:00 -20:30pm. They were a bunch of smart fish that deliberately didn't take my bait but took all the ones around it and on many occasions! I managed to fool one in the end at last light, what a lovely old warrior of a carp, not the biggest I've caught at 17lb 9oz but a fish I worked hard for and one I will always remember!

 

A great little fishery with only 7/8 swims i hope to get back again in the future.

#Onsitefishing, #fishingfun, #fishing, #camping

Comments

Popular Posts